Prototype shell!

I went to a one-day workshop on finishing techniques for wood a few months back. If I take nothing else away, it was worth it for this one thing – the strong advice to always make test samples first. This seemed like just too much work in this case, but finally I decided to go ahead. While there is much more to do, I finally completed an outer shell this past weekend:

Outer shell of

A prototype for the outer shell for the RSTLM. It’s constructed¬†from leftover pieces from my previous speaker project.

While I have a lot more work to do, I’ve already learned so much from the process I’m sold on the advice. Also, it is interesting to finally have a concrete view of the size of these. Until I saw it for real, I didn’t really know what they’d be like.